Sunday, April 29, 2007

Update on the boys - Day 6

Just wanted to give you an update on the boys and what we are doing these
days. They love getting your email, so keep emailing them. They check
their email at school and at home. They both seem to have a few friends
that they write to, but I wish they would include more since they seem to
love that part

Anyway. We get up around 6:30am and grab some breakfast from the buffet
at the hotel, they are very patient with us there. The driver takes them
to school, which is pretty far out, north of town. They go past some
pretty raw areas and I hope they are watching out the window - as usual
they are reading a lot. The school has been pretty laid back this week
since they have break next week. They seem to be getting along. Jake
doesn't talk much, Thomas tells me ever little detail, none of which I
retain. Except he is planning his alternate universe . . . . hmmm

The driver (John) picks them up in the afternoon. This week there is not
ECA (extra curricular activities), so school is out at 2:45. I've had
John come by and pick me up at the office and I come back to the room and
keep working. But today I sent them back alone, and let them open up the
set of Simpson's DVDs I've been saving for this day and they were fine.

Then we go out for errands or apartment hunting. Dinner has been in the
hotel restaurant again - it's okay, expensive, but convinient. We did
room service and it was $50 for 3 hamburgers and the didn't really like
the burgers - oh well.

Then we come back up, I get on my evening calls and they read, shower and
stay up too late, as usual. We are doing okay, considering we are in a
smallish hotel room

over the weekend we got out and about in Bangalore. We met a family that
lives nearby and goes to our school. They took us to rugby practice last
weekend.

That's about it for now. Just wanted to let you know that they are doing
great and have been great company!

No comments: